This program is offered 100% online.
CSUN’s Certificate of Preparation for Advanced Studies in Speech-Language Pathology (Certificate of Pre-SLP) is designed for college graduates who (a) desire careers in the rapidly growing field of speech-language pathology but did not major in Communication Disorders and Sciences or Speech-Language Pathology as undergraduates, and (b) do not have pre-requisite coursework necessary for admission to a master’s program. The two-year Certificate of Pre-SLP program prepares program completers to meet the admissions curriculum criteria for the CSUN Master’s degree in Communication Disorders and Sciences.
The Certificate of Pre-SLP Program is an academically rigorous program and students hoping to be accepted into Communicative Disorders graduate programs should carefully and honestly evaluate their potential for excelling in their coursework and maintaining a high GPA based on their previous academic performance, their current load of additional responsibilities outside the educational arena, and their motivation. For further discussion students should work closely with their academic advisors.
Features of the Program
- Pre-SLP is entirely online.
- The Certificate of Pre-SLP is taught in the cohort format, which ensures on-time completion, facilitates the development of networking relationships with fellow students, and maximizes interaction with faculty.
- Students who satisfactorily complete the Pre-SLP program and meet the automatic entrance criteria are eligible for automatic admission into CSUN’s online Master of Science in Communication Disorders and Sciences: Speech-Language Pathology program.
- Because Certificate of Pre-SLP courses are taught by faculty who also teach in CSUN’s CDS master’s program, students who plan to enter this degree program are able to develop learner-mentor relationships with their future CDS professors.
- Certificate of Pre-SLP also provides an excellent foundation for entry into CSUN’s online Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) Fieldwork Experience certificate program.